Matchstick Official Forum ©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matchstick Official Forum ©

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EVE GEARS UP FOR NEW RELEASE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nawal
VIP
VIP
Nawal

Female Number of posts : 312
Artist Name Or Pseudo : nawal
Represent An Artist, A Band or None? : none
Are You: Unsigned/Indie/Major/None : none
Registration date : 2007-04-29

EVE GEARS UP FOR NEW RELEASE Empty
PostSubject: EVE GEARS UP FOR NEW RELEASE   EVE GEARS UP FOR NEW RELEASE I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun - 5:46

Following a successful four-year takeover of the Hollywood and fashion scene, Eve is set to drop "Here I Am", a more mature and adventurous album, one she calls her best effort to date. “This is the album I’ve always wanted to make,” she says.
“In the past my albums have had a heavy male influence. Not this time. This one represents the woman I am today.”

And there’s no doubt that the woman who brought us hits like “What Ya Want,” and “Let Me Blow Ya Mind,” is supremely confident that a mass variety of music lovers not just the hip-hop faithful will appreciate were she’s coming from this time around. “I didn’t just cater to a rap audience with this album,” she says.
“I can go to the Pop Top 40 with this because it’s far more universal than anything I’ve done. You’re going to pay attention to me because it’s different.”

This album is another milestone to be added to the impressive body of work Eve has amassed over the course of her illustrious career and it speaks to the growth of an artist that has transcended the ride or die chick niche hip-hop carved out for her.
One listen to the hyper-chants and hard-charging bounce of the Swizz Beatz produced lead single “TK” and you’ll see why all eyes will be on Eve this summer.

“I wanted this coming out party to be an event,” she says. “This record symbolizes that.” I didn’t want to do what people expected me to do.” Surely no one will expect to hear Eve singing as she effectively does on the 80’s pop-influenced “Tk” produced by Pharrell. Or anticipate her reggae-tinged aura on the breezy second single “Give It To You” featuring Sean Paul.

Along with collaborations with T.I., Robin Thicke and Timbaland Here I Am is chock full of pleasant surprises. As you can see Eve’s time away from hip-hop was not spent idle.
Now considered a genuine star in the worlds of music, fashion and film, she’s currently preparing to launch “a more womanly” line of Fetish and starting her own film production company. More importantly, she looks forward to getting knee deep in the rigors of the rap game. “I an’t wait to get back on tour,” she says.

“I miss performing. I need it. It’s an indescribable hunger that I have.” Clearly, after 8 years in the business Eve hasn’t lost her zest for the music, which is all the reason why this album will absolutely spice things up—for the better.
Just as the old saying goes, hip-hop is a man’s world, but it wouldn’t be anything without a woman in it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lemoloko

EVE GEARS UP FOR NEW RELEASE
Page 1 of 1