Matchstick Official Forum ©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matchstick Official Forum ©

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ne-Yo Album Tops Billboard Hip-Hop Charts -Tour Dates US

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nawal
VIP
VIP
Nawal

Female Number of posts : 312
Artist Name Or Pseudo : nawal
Represent An Artist, A Band or None? : none
Are You: Unsigned/Indie/Major/None : none
Registration date : 2007-04-29

Ne-Yo Album Tops Billboard Hip-Hop Charts -Tour Dates US Empty
PostSubject: Ne-Yo Album Tops Billboard Hip-Hop Charts -Tour Dates US   Ne-Yo Album Tops Billboard Hip-Hop Charts -Tour Dates US I_icon_minitimeTue 29 May - 7:22

Ne-Yo Album Tops Billboard Hip-Hop Charts -Tour Dates US T.180.fp

Grammy-nominated Def Jam recording artist and chart topping songwriter
Ne-Yo has scored his second #1 career debut on the Billboard 200 albums chart with his second album, BECAUSE OF YOU, which arrived in stores on May 1st. The album sold over 200,000 copies in its first week of release and has debuted at the #3 spot on the digital chart.

BECAUSE OF YOU is the follow-up to Ne-Yo’s RIAA platinum-selling debut album In My Own Words, which hit #1 on the Billboard 200 and R&B/Hip-Hop
Albums charts, and was nominated for a Grammy as Best Contemporary R&B Album. Ne-Yo capped 2006 when he was named Male R&B/Hip-Hop Artist of the Year at the Billboard Music Awards.

BECAUSE OF YOU was propelled to #1 position by the hit single “Because Of You,” which is Top 10 on both the R&R (Radio & Records) BDS Urban and M.Base/Urban charts. The second single pick from the album, “Do You,” will hit radio later this month.

After making TV appearances on ABC’s Live with Regis & Kelly, NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay
Leno, PBS’s The Tavis Smiley Show, and CBS’s The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Ne-Yo is now preparing for an 18-city nationwide tour in support of his #1 album. Dates begin on May 31st at The Norva in Norfolk, Virginia, extended through July 5th at Six Flags in San
Antonio, Texas. Opening for Ne-Yo will be R&B crooner, Trey Songz.

Most recently, Ne-Yo was credited as co-writer of Beyoncé’s hit single, “Irreplaceable.” As noted in the January 20th issue of Billboard, “Irreplaceable” had just made its best audience week, which was the #2
highest total audience impressions in Nielsen- BDS history (i.e. since 1992).
The song with the #3 all-time highest audience total was also co-written by Ne-Yo – namely Mario’s “Let Me Love You.”

Ne-Yo has founded The Compound Foundation which is committed to service at risk and disadvantaged youth. In addition to building two new group homes in the Atlanta area, The Compound Foundation will sponsor performances, motivational speakers and mentorship opportunities with leaders and business people within the community.

Critical raves for BECAUSE OF YOU:

“The first single and title track is a jaunty ode to addictive love, that could easily be an Off The Wall-era leftover. Then on the breezy tune, ‘Crazy,’ label boss Jay-Z states plainly: ‘Ne-Yo's like young Michael/
I'm Quincy Hov.’ Ne-Yo's Prince moments - the rousing ‘Addicted’ and the piano-driven ‘Sex With My Ex’ - both sizzle with loads of bedroom boasting but without seeming crass.” (Associated Press)

“Ne-Yo’s sunny, fluid tenor and the wistfully romantic, infectious tunes he co-writes will bring fans of a certain age back to a time in pop music and pop culture that seems, in retrospect, endearingly guileless.” (USA
TODAY)

NE-YO U.S. TOUR DATES

May 31 : Norfolk, VA The Norva

June 1 : Washington, DC Love Nightclub
2 : Mansfield, MA Tweeter Center
5 : Atlanta, GA Center Stage
7 : Dallas, TX Nokia Theatre at Grand Prairie
8 : Kansas City, MO Voodoo Lounge
9 : Sacramento, CA Raley Field
11 : Phoenix, AZ Marquee Theatre
12 : Los Angeles, CA House of Blues
13 : San Diego, CA House of Blues