Matchstick Official Forum ©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matchstick Official Forum ©

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dame Dash Calls on Diddy and Jim Jones for Harlem Basketball

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nawal
VIP
VIP
Nawal

Female Number of posts : 312
Artist Name Or Pseudo : nawal
Represent An Artist, A Band or None? : none
Are You: Unsigned/Indie/Major/None : none
Registration date : 2007-04-29

Dame Dash Calls on Diddy and Jim Jones for Harlem Basketball Empty
PostSubject: Dame Dash Calls on Diddy and Jim Jones for Harlem Basketball   Dame Dash Calls on Diddy and Jim Jones for Harlem Basketball I_icon_minitimeTue 29 May - 13:30

Dame Dash Calls on Diddy and Jim Jones for Harlem Basketball Dame-dash1

Hip-Hop entrepreneur and former Roc-A-Fella Records owner, Dame Dash, is revitalizing Harlem’s Kingdome Classic basketball tournament.
The 10-week event, which starts on June 23, was a staple in Harlem during the late 80’s. But the tournament folded after other leagues, such as the Entertainer’s Basketball Classic, grew in popularity.

In 2004, Dame Dash took over the program and now the tournament is growing in size and popularity every year. “Kingdome is one of the things that shaped me and molded me as a man because of its swagger,” Dame Dash told the NY Daily News.

“I thought it would be something good, being that I’m from Harlem, that I can come back to Harlem and help the people out.
That could be my little gift.” This year’s tournament, which takes place on 115th St. and Lenox Ave, will feature a variety of celebrities, including Diddy, Jim Jones, the Sacramento Kings’ Ron Artest, the Houston
Rockets’ Rafer Alston and the New York Knicks’ David Lee.
“The atmosphere at the games is nuts,” David Lee tells the NY Daily News.
“You really get the feel that it’s the coming together of the community in Harlem and the coming together of people who love basketball.”

In addition, the event will feature teams sponsored by Diddy’s Bad Boy Records, DMX’s Ruff Ryders and Jim Jones’ Diplomats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lemoloko

Dame Dash Calls on Diddy and Jim Jones for Harlem Basketball
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Matchstick Official Forum ©  :: DA French CONNECTion :: Correspondents | Reporters | News-
Jump to: