Matchstick Official Forum ©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matchstick Official Forum ©

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queen Latifah Performing At Historic Opera House

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nawal
VIP
VIP
Nawal

Female Number of posts : 312
Artist Name Or Pseudo : nawal
Represent An Artist, A Band or None? : none
Are You: Unsigned/Indie/Major/None : none
Registration date : 2007-04-29

Queen Latifah Performing At Historic Opera House Empty
PostSubject: Queen Latifah Performing At Historic Opera House   Queen Latifah Performing At Historic Opera House I_icon_minitimeMon 21 May - 21:54

Queen Latifah Performing At Historic Opera House Queenlatifah
By Mike Winslow
Date: 5/21/2007

Rapper/actress and singer Queen Latifah will perform various jazz standards, blues, pop and R&B
songs from her album The Dana Owens Album during an exclusive performance at the Napa Valley Opera House in Napa, CA.

Queen Latifah, born Dana Owens, will hit the stage on July 12 to perform selections from the critically acclaimed album at the Napa Valley Opera, which is a national historic landmark that was constructed in 1879. The date at the Napa Valley Opera House is one of only three west coast performances Queen Latifah has scheduled for the summer.

"I just had to slide on over to that side for a minute [singing] and just let the singing breathe for a minute because that's another side of who I am,"Queen Latifah told AllHipHop.com in a previous interview.

"That's why I called it The Dana Owens Album. It's really just been a countdown to that album for most of my life; it's always been inside me."
Tickets
to see Queen Latifah at the Napa Valley Opera House start at $93.

Queen Latifah has also been added to the marquee of the Rehoboth Beach Autumn Jazz Festival in Delaware.

The Grammy Award-winning rapper will perform selections at the Rehoboth Convention Center in October.

"We are absolutely thrilled, said Dennis Santangini, jazz fest President. "Queen Latifah brings the festival to a whole new level. She is such a diverse artist with such an immense repertoire. It's going to be electrifying."

Also headlining the jazz fest is Dionne Warwick, who will perform at 9:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, at the convention center.

For more information visit www.rehobothjazz.com or www.nvoh.org.

In related news, Queen Latifah recently signed on to star in All of Me, a remake of the 1984 comedy that originally starred Steve Martin and Lily Tomlin.

Queen Latifah will executive produce the movie along with her longtime manager and business
partner Shakim Compere.
Additionally,
Latifah is filming Mad Money in Louisiana, starring opposite Diane Keaton, Ted Danson and others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lemoloko

Queen Latifah Performing At Historic Opera House
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Matchstick Official Forum ©  :: DA French CONNECTion :: Correspondents | Reporters | News-
Jump to: